Volunteer to Help the Women's Center
Volunteers are the backbone of the Cambridge Women's Center! Please consider contributing your time and talents to support our community. Besides the rewards of helping others, volunteering helps you develop useful skills, learn about resources for women, and experience a unique community of women.
The Cambridge Women's Center is currently seeking volunteers to:
1. Assist our Drop-In visitors and Helpline callers by providing information about services, helping with computers, giving emotional support, and other tasks.
2. Facilitate a workshop or ongoing group.
3. Help with fundraising, marketing and outreach.
4. Provide computer and IT support.
5. Provide childcare for women utilizing the Center's services.
6. Help with maintenance and cleaning.
For any of these positions, please fill out our volunteer application and let us know what your interests are. You can apply at any time. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Current Specialized Volunteer Positions:
1. Assist with various (low to medium skill) maintenance projects in four-story home that serves as a drop-in day shelter for marginalized women. Begin ASAP; schedule is flexible dependent on your schedule. Restrictions: Women only!
2. Cleaning Volunteer - Vacuum, sweep, dust, and scrub a four-story home that serves as a drop-in day shelter for marginalized women. A clean house is a welcoming house! This work is done on Sundays while the Women's Center is closed. Begin ASAP. Restrictions: Must be responsible and willing to clean without supervision.
3. Mental Health Professional Volunteer - Support Groups, Clinical Work and Trainings. Lead a support group for women (can be specialized), provide clinical time to women interested in MH services (pending LICSW supervision), and/or provide trainings on MH and active listening to volunteer staff members. Begin: October/November 2018; ongoing. Schedule: Flexible given your schedule.
4. LICSW Volunteer - Clinical Supervision. Provide out-sourced clinical supervision to social workers running support groups or doing clinical work. Begin: October/November 2018; ongoing. Schedule: Flexible given your schedule.
If you're interested in any of these opportunities, please email Jessye Kass, Director of Volunteers, with the subject line of which volunteer position you're interested in.