The Women's Center is always in need of new or "like new" contributions. Whether it's computer equipment, food for our pantry, or maintenance work for the building, every donation strengthens our programming and resources. Contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Following is a list of items that we currently need. Due to space limitations, please contact us before you bring over a large donation. For more information, call Linda at (617) 354-6394, ext. 12, or email email@example.com.
If you don't have these items, you can buy some of them for us through Amazon.com and have them delivered! Click here to visit our Amazon Wish List.
- Gift cards for supermarkets, drugstores, hardware stores, Staples, Best Buy, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Target, etc.
- Unopened packages of sugar, honey, olive oil, vinegar, and powdered coffee creamer
- Salt, pepper, cinnamon, and other spices
- 13-gallon large kitchen trash bags (unscented)
- Rubber gloves and sponges
- Stainless steel spoons and forks
- Plastic food containers (with lids, all sizes) and food storage bags
- Hand towels, dish towels, potholders
- Paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, napkins
- Unscented liquid hand soap
- Unscented liquid dish soap
- First aid supplies
- Disinfecting wipes (in tall circular containers)
- Watering can with sprinkler spout
- Pens that work well, glue, glue sticks, Post-it notes
- Beading, knitting and art supplies
- Scissors, rolls of Scotch tape, duct tape, twine
- White Board (18" x 24"), and narrow dry erase markers
- Printer & copier paper (8 1/2 x 11"), white and pastels
- Mailing labels (30/page, e.g. Avery 5160)
- Computers: in good condition, with Windows 7 or later
- Computer monitors: in good condition, 22-inch or larger
- Keyboards (for PCs), computer mice and mousepads
- Headphones (for computer use), USB sticks/flash drives, HDMI cable (10 feet or longer)
The Women's Center has a lending library of almost 3,000 titles, in a very small space! Unfortunately, we cannot accept large donations of books. If you have a book that you think would be especially relevant for the Center, or if you are looking for a particular book to borrow, please visit our book catalog at librarything.com (our member ID is "cambridgecenter"), and search for the book title. Please email us for more information.