The Women's Center is always in need of new or "like new" contributions. Whether it's computer equipment, food for our pantry, or maintenance work for the building, every donation strengthens our programming and resources. Contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Following is a list of items that we currently need. Due to space limitations, please contact us before you bring over a large donation. For more information, call Val at (617) 354-6394, ext. 15, or email her.
- Unopened packages of sugar, honey, olive oil, vinegar, powdered coffee creamer
- Canned soups and stews
- Salt, pepper, cinnamon, spices
- Plastic food containers (with lids, all sizes) and food storage bags
- Ground coffee
- Beads and beading supplies
- Paints (acrylic, tempura, gouache, etc.)
- Mat boards, drawing pencils, and other art supplies
- Disinfecting wipes (in tall circular containers)
- Rubber gloves and sponges
- Hand towels, dish towels, potholders
- Paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, napkins
- Unscented liquid dish soap
- Pens that work well, glue, glue sticks, Post-it notes
- Printer & copier paper (8 1/2 x 11"), white and pastels
- HP 62 XL Color Ink
- Scissors, rolls of Scotch tape, duct tape, twine
- Computers: in good condition, with Windows 7 or later
- Computer monitors: in good condition, 22-inch or larger
- Headphones (for computer use), USB sticks/flash drives
If you don't have these items, you can buy some of them for us through Amazon.com and have them delivered! Click here to visit our Amazon Wish List.
- Gift cards for supermarkets, drugstores, hardware stores, Staples, Best Buy, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Target, etc.
- MBTA "Charlie Cards" with any amount of value on them
The Women's Center has a lending library of almost 3,000 titles, in a very small space! Unfortunately, we cannot accept large donations of books. If you have a book that you think would be especially relevant for the Center, or if you are looking for a particular book to borrow, please visit our book catalog at librarything.com (our member ID is "cambridgecenter"), and search for the book title. Please email us for more information.